November 14, 2012Agency
Employment Practices Liability. It can be costly, NOT to have it.
Can you imagine any of the following situations?
- A disabled customer is unable to access your property, files suit for humiliation and ADA violation. Average defense cost is $45,000 and verdict is $30,000.
- An employee, who had a consensual relationship with another employee, asserts a claim for sexual harassment when the relationship sours. Average defense and verdict is $85,000.
- A staff member claims a guest “hit on her” and you, as the employer, did nothing to stop it. Average defense cost is $25,000 and verdict is $25,000.
- An employee asserts he or she was discriminatorily discharged, even if you had documented and justifiable reasons for the termination. Average defense cost is $55,000.
- A job applicant claims he or she was denied a job because of legal status, gender, race, ethnicity or disability. Average defense cost is $45,000.
- An injured employee, who files for workers’ compensation benefits and is later terminated, asserts a claim for retaliatory discharge. Average defense and verdict is $218,000.